How do I record programmes in BoB?
You can make a maximum of 5 recording requests in one day. If another BoB customer has already recorded a programme, or scheduled it to record, you will be able to view it too.
To record a programme
- Log in to BoB
- Find a programme through the programme guide or search tool, then click Record
You may be prompted to request a programme from the BBC Archive – it may be a couple of hours before this content is ready to view.
There is a 30 day recording buffer to give you more time to record missed programmes.
When using the programme guide the shading of individual programmes indicate
- Grey: Available to record
- Red: Scheduled to record, but not yet broadcasted
- Amber: Scheduled to record and in the transcoding queue. These programmes can take up to 12 hours from the end of broadcast to become available for streaming)
- Green: Available to watch now. These programmes alreay been recorded. Click Add to Playlist, or click View to get the details.
Find more help from BoB
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org