Renewal of AU central printing service
The central printing service used by Aberystwyth University staff and students was implemented in 2012 and is due for renewal in September 2017. All of the MFDs (Multi-Functional Devices) were procured on a co-terminus basis so all will be due for replacement at the same time.
Information Services are currently preparing documentation to invite tenders under the Crown Commercial Services RM3781 framework agreement.
As a result of this procurement we aim to:
- reduce the cost of printing/copying for users
- maximise the availability of MFDs for all users
- use Aber Card balances for personal printing/copying by staff and students, without the need to purchase printing credit separately. (Departmental usage will continue to be recharged at cost in arrears).
- enable printing from devices via wireless
- provide scanning to searchable PDFs
- allow scanning to filestore
As part of this project we will be:
- incorporating all MFDs currently outside of the current agreement into the central service
- reviewing the availability of MFDs across the University
General timescales for this project are as follows:
|Invitations to tender||March 2017|
|Consultation with departments||April/May 2017|
|Consideration of tender etc||April/May 2017|
|Tender awarded||June 2017|
|Development/implementation of new system||July 2017|
|New contract and rollout of replacement devices commences||August 2017|
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com