How do I set up GlobalProtect VPN (iOS)?
Set up authenticator first
- Before you can use VPN, you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) for your account (What is multi-factor authentication? ). You will need to do this while still on campus.
- This is separate to the 2-step verification used for your email
- Download GlobalProtect app from the App Store
- You should check if your operating system is compatible on the Global Protect Compatability page
- Set Portal address to pa-vpn.aber.ac.uk
- Press Allow
- Enter Username and Password
- Click Sign in
- You will be asked for your one-time password (OTP):
- Switch to the authenticator app you chose when setting up MFA
- Make a note of the temporary password it generates. The passwords generated by the authenticator app expire every 60 seconds. If the password on the screen is about to expire, wait for it to refresh
- Switch back to the GlobalProtect app and enter the one-time password. If the one-time password expired, you will need to get a new one from your authenticator app