How can I make the most of Microsoft Word when writing my dissertation?
There are many tools and features in Microsoft Word that can help you in the process of writing your dissertation. Just follow the links below for step-by-step instructions:
- You can format and apply Styles in Word, in order to apply consistent formatting to a long document ( How do I do that? )
- How do I insert an image into a Word document?
- You can add a caption to any image in your document ( How do I do that? )
- If you have added images to your document, you will need to create a Table of Figures ( How do I do that? )
- How do I add page numbers to my document?
- How do I create an automatic Table of Contents?
Always remember to save your work regularly .
When preparing a dissertation you may wish to use one of the following methods for consistent formatting across a range of documents:
- How do I create a template?
- You can then create new documents based on an existing template ( How do I do that? )
- You can create a master document to style a range of individual Word projects, like dissertation chapters, ready for printing ( How do I do that? )
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org