How do I submit an assignment in Blackboard? (Student)
Find out if your assignment is going to be submitted through Blackboard Assignment or Turnitin. How do I do that?
Note: The Microsoft Edge browser is NOT currently supported by Turnitin. We recommend you do not use it when submitting assignments.
- Click on the View/ Complete link for your assignment.
- Your assignment will be listed on the page. Click Submit.
- Fill in the required details.
- Click on What are the requirements for an upload to check the guidelines for the file upload.
- Choose a file and click Upload .
- Double check the text you have submitted then click Submit, or Return , if you need to upload a different file.
- Your assignment has now been submitted and you will see your digital receipt.
- To return to your assignment area in Blackboard, click on the links at the top of the screen.
- Click on the underlined title of the assignment e.g. Unit 1 assignment
- You do not need to add anything to Add Comments unless specifically asked to by your tutor
- Click on Browse My Computer to add a document
- Browse to the location where you assignment is saved and click Open
- This will add the assignment to this area ready for submission. If you have 2 or more documents to add, click Browse My Computer again
Note: If you have more than one file you must attach all of them before pressing Submit . Once you have pressed Submit you will not be able to add any more files.
You are advised not to use the Save as Draft option. Once a file has been added and Save as Draft pressed, you will not be able to delete the file. The only solution in this case is to ask you tutor to clear the attempt and start again.
- Once all the files have been added press Submit .
- You will then see a page telling you your assignment has been submitted:
- This is your receipt of submission . It shows the time and date that the assignment was received. You can also download the file you submitted, in case you want to check it later.
- Press OK and you will be returned to the main Assignments section.
- You can logout of Blackboard using the Logout button at the top of the page.
- If the tutor has given you a mark and/or feedback through Blacvkboard, you will be able to access it from the submission receipt page. Simply click on the same link you used to submit the assignment.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com