How do I request a rare book or an item from the external store?
To borrow an item listed in Primo as Available at External Store or view an item listed in a Rare Book location in Primo, submit a request via Primo.
N.B. You can only view a Rare Book within the Library in the Rare Book viewing area which is supervised. They cannot be borrowed.
- Where can I view requests I have made
- How do I request a rare book or a book from the External Store?
- How do I request a specific volume of a journal from the External Store?
- Sign in to Primo
- Click My Account in the top right corner
- Click the Requests tab where you can view your requests and cancel any if you wish
- Under Request Options, Click Request to open the Request Options dialogue box
- If there is more than one copy of the book you can click Specify Issue/copy and select the copy you want.
- Select the Pickup Location from the menu if requesting an External Store book
- Click on Request to complete
You will receive an email when your book is ready for collection or viewing. Visit your chosen pickup location to collect your requested External Store book. To view your Rare Book visit the library location listed in the Primo record for that book, where you will be taken to the viewing area.
If you see the volume/issue you require click on Request next to the one you want. This will take you to the Request Options form where you can select your Pickup Location and click Request
If the volume you require is not listed in Find & Request, but should be available according to the the Summary Holdings description, click Request next to any of the volumes
When the Request Options form opens click Specify Issue/Copy
Enter your required Volume, Issue and Year, choose your Pickup Location , add any comments you have to field provided then click on Request
You will receive an email when the volume has been retrieved.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com