How do I check and change the recording level on a microphone when using Panopto? (Staff)
Note: Low sound levels on Panopto recordings may be caused by a low recording level on the microphone used.
To check and change the recording level on a microphone when making an Panopto recording:
- Open the Panopto recorder
- Sign in using your AU username and password
- Check if there is any activity on the microphone by talking into it, and watching the digital bar. If the microphone is receiving correctly the green/yellow/red bars should illuminate.
- If this does not happen, click on the downwards arrow next to Audio to select the appropriate microphone.
- Once a microphone is selected, talk into it and there should be activity on the coloured bar. Two or three green bars are usually sufficient.
- If there is still no activity, check that the microphone is switched on by checking to see whether the green light on the microphone is turned on.
- If it is on and there is still no or little activity, right mouse click on the loudspeaker icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Recording devices
- your microphone from the list
In the above example the slider is very low and the value is set to 9. To increase the recording level drag the slider up until the value is above 90 and click:
- OK and OK again to set the microphone level.
Return to Panopto and check the levels on the coloured audio bar as above.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com