How do I read and print from a dawsonera e-book I have found in Primo?
dawsonera ebooks will move to a new platform on or around August 1st 2020
Please retrieve any notes, comments, saved searches etc. as soon as possible.
Export any notes from a dawsonera ebook
- Click Read Online to open the ebook
- Click the Notes tab on the left to see any notes you have added to the ebook
- Click Export then Export Notes to export them to a text file in the Downloads folder on your computer
To view your dawsonera title comments or saved searches
- Click My Account on any dawsonera ebook title page
- In the left menu find: My Bookshelf, Title Comments and Saved Searches and Alerts
Read a dawsonera e-book
- To read the e-book in your browser click the Read online button.
- To download the whole e-book as a PDF click the Download ebook button.
- Choose up to 3 days from the length of loan menu
- Select which Reader Software you would like to view the e-book with
- Click Download
If the book has a 1 or 3 concurrent user licence, then the download period is set at 24 hours. Once the book expires you can download it again if you want to.
You will not be able to print or copy from the downloaded PDF.
Please note that dawsonera e-books cannot be viewed on two different devices or browsers simultaneously.
Follow these links to view these instructional videos on how to:
Print from a dawsonera e-book (dawsonera video)
Copy from a dawsonera e-book (dawsonera video)
After clicking view online, you will be prompted for your Aber username and password via shibboleth.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org