How do I email students in my Blackboard module? (Staff)
Blackboard allows you to send email to any University address, @aber.ac.uk. Emails can be sent to all users on a module, groups on a module or selected individuals on a module using the Send Email option. Emails may be sent to module participants or to individuals.
Note: You can only send email, you cannot read email within Blackboard.
Go to a module and go to Tools and select Send Email.
- Select who you want to email.
- Write your message and press Submit and OK.
The options shown here may change according to the way the module has been set up.
- Click the link for the user/s you wish to email.
- If you have chosen either Select Users or Select Groups, use the Arrows to move users or groups from the Available to Select box into the Selected box.
Note: If you email Select Users, the message you see will not list the users but only the module ID. Please do not panic - this does not mean that the message has been sent to the entire class list. It is just to protect your recipients from knowing who else received the message.
- Enter a subject and type your message.
- You can add attachments if you like. Please remember that if you are sending the email to a large number of people this may use up a lot of the system resources, so keep any files you send to the minimum size possible.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive a copy of the message in your University email account.
Course Builders for a module receive all email sent to students/staff on that module via Blackboard's email system, even though they don't appear in the module staff list.
Notes: The Send email to module participant(s) can be turned off for individual modules ( How do I do that? )
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org