How do I move a Blackboard test from one module to another? (Staff)
Tests, surveys and pools can be moved between modules or shared with colleagues using the import/export options.
To reuse questions from one Blackboard module in another module, you must export the test, survey or pool from the original module and then import it into the other module.
Exporting a test, survey or pool creates a zip file that can be emailed to other staff or imported into other modules. To export an item:
- Go to the Control Panel, Course Tools and Tests, Surveys and Pools.
- Select if it is a test, survey or pool that you want to export.
- Click on the arrow next to the item, you want to export and select Export.
- This will save a .ZIP file into the Downloads area of your computer. You do not need to unzip the file.
Once you have exported the pool, you can then import it into another module or pass it on to another member of staff for use in Blackboard.
To import a test, survey or pool into another module:
- Go to the module you want to import it into.
- From the Control Panel, click on Course Tools and Tests, Surveys and Pools.
- Select if it is a test, survey or pool that you are importing.
- Click on Import Test.
- You will see the standard upload window. Browse to the file, select it and click Open.
- Click Submit.
- Blackboard will give you a ‘success' receipt for this action. Click OK.
- You can now deploy the test or survey into a content area (How do I do that?) or use the questions to build up a new pool, test or survey (How do I do that?).
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com