How do I grade the discussion board threads in Blackboard? (Staff)
Before grading a thread or forum, you must first enable grading. Grading options can be set when you create a forum. ( How do I do that? )
From the Control Panel
The advantage of this method is that it is a quick way to enter or change grades. The disadvantage is that it does not present you with the students' actual posts for review as you enter the grades.
- Click on Grade Centre, and select Full Grade Centre.
- Locate the column for the discussion board thread you are grading.
- Click in the box next to the students name and manually enter the grade.
From the discussion board
- Open the discussion board and select the desired forum and thread.
- Click the Grade Thread button at the top of the page.
- A list of users will appear. Click Grade for each user.
- A collection of the user’s posts in the thread will appear. Evaluate the posts and assign a grade.
- Click Submit to add the grade to the Grade Centre
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com