How do I read and print from a ProQuest Ebook Central e-book I have found in Primo?
Read a ProQuest Ebook Central Book
Sign in to Primo before conducting any search for Online Resources
To read the e-book through your web browser click the Read Online tab
To Download a Chapter
- Click Read Online
- Select the chapter in the table of contents
- Click the Chapter Download button
- Choose a citation style and click Continue
- Click Open PDF to download your chapter
For Full Download
- Click Full Download
- Wait for the Export and Download dialogue box to open
- Choose the type device you are using
- Download Adobe Digital Editions if you do not already have it
- Click Download Your Book
Printing from a ProQuest Ebook Central Book
In order to comply with copyright law, the publisher will only allow you to print a certain percentage of the e-book. The default for ProQuest Ebook Central is 20% of the book for copy and 40% of the book for print or chapter download to PDF.
- Click the Print button
- Select the page(s) you wish to print as well as a citation style and click Continue
- Click Open PDF
- This will create a PDF which you can save or print from
Advice on Off-Campus Access for Ebook Central e-books
After clicking view online, you will be prompted for your Aber username and password via Shibboleth.
- Click Open source in new window
If using Internet Explorer ignore any messages to close the browser and instead click Open source in new window
Alternatively, you can set up a VPN which bypasses the need to sign in. More information can be found here.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org