How do I clear a student's test attempt in Blackboard? (Staff)
Problems can arise during a test if:
- a student clicks the Back button in their browser.
- their browser freezes.
- their computer crashes.
The student must retake the entire test from the beginning, because there is no facility to start from where they left off.
If the test is set to allow one attempt only, the student will receive a message saying that they cannot take the test again and you must clear the student's attempt to enable them to retake the test.
To clear a student's attempt:
- Under the the Control Panel, click on Grade Centre and then Full Grade Centre.
- Find the Grade Centre Column that corresponds to the test.
- Click on a the drop down arrow next to the student grade for the test.
- Click View Grade Details.
- Click on the Clear Attempt button for the test attempt you wish to clear.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org