How do I choose a suitable photo for my Aber Card?
The photo you upload for your Aber Card will be used as your offcial photograph for your time at Aberystwyth University.
It will appear on your student record so that your lecturers, tutors and other Univesrity staff can identify you and will be printed on your Aber Card which acts as your Aberystwyth University id.
For your photo to be accepted it will need to be:
- a formal photograph, similar to a passport photograph
- a clear, recent headshot, with you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- your eyes must be open and clearly visible (with no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
- of your full head, without any covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- of you on your own (with no other people visible)
- in colour, not black and white
- a portrait image
- at least 450 x 450 pixels big
You can upload your photo for your Aber Card at https://abercard.aber.ac.uk
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com