How do I choose a suitable photo for my Aber Card?
The photo you upload for your Aber Card will be used as your offcial photograph for your time at Aberystwyth University.
It will appear on your student record so that your lecturers, tutors and other University staff can identify you and will be printed on your Aber Card which acts as your Aberystwyth University id.
For your photo to be accepted it will need to be:
- a passport style photo of you on your own
- a clear, recent headshot, with you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- your eyes must be open and clearly visible (with no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
- of your full head, without any covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- in colour, not black and white
- a portrait image
- with no filters
You can upload your photo for your Aber Card at https://myaccount.aber.ac.uk/protected/newabercard/
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com