How do I change the look of my SharePoint site?
Note: You must be the administrator of a SharePoint site to change its appearance
- Log in to http://sharepoint.aber.ac.uk
- Navigate to the site that you wish to change the appearance of
- Click on the Cog in the top right hand corner:
- Choose Change the look from the menu that appears
- You will be offered a number of different themes for your site - choose the theme you want.
- Note: avoid themes with dark backgrounds as this can be difficult for users to read.
- You will be shown the theme and can make adjustments to fonts and colours.
- Note: Make sure that the 'Site layout' is set to Seattle. Some themes will change it to Oslo, but we need to stay consistent and use Seattle.
- When you are happy with the settings, click 'Try it out' on the top right.
- You will be offered a preview of your site with the new theme (this may take some time to appear).
- If you are happy with how the site looks, choose Yes, keep it!
- If you are not happy with how the site looks, choose No, not quite there to go back and change settings.