How do I connect to the central printers? (Mac)
These instructions are only for personally owned devices. University managed devices will automatically connect to the printers whenever you are connected to the University network
Make sure your Apple Mac is connected to the University network.(How do I do that?)
- Download and install the printer drivers for your version of OS X
- Click the Apple icon at the top left
- Select System Preferences
- Open Printers and Scanners.
- Click the plus icon (+) under the Printers List.
- Select the IP tab
- Enter the details for Address, Protocol, Queue and Name so they match the screenshot below.
- PLEASE NOTE - the address is lpdprint (lower case L) and not ipdprint
- In the Use field, choose Select Software
- Select the driver SAVIN MP C4054 PS and click OK
- Wait for the printer to finish connecting then click Options & Supplies
- Click the Options tab
- Set Option Tray to Tray 3 (LCT)
- Set Internal Tray 2 to Installed
- Set Finisher to Finisher SR3240
- Click OK
- Print your document. When prompted enter your University Username and Password.
- To add the colour queue, repeat the steps above and change the queue name to colour.
- If you enter the wrong password, you won't be shown a warning message and your print jobs will not appear on the printers.
- If your job doesn’t print, check the Print Queue dialog which appears at the bottom of the screen.
- If the print job is there and has the message Held for authentication, click the retry icon; then re-enter your login details.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com