How can I stop SharePoint asking me to Check out my files before editing?
Note: You must be the administrator of a SharePoint site to edit a document library settings.
- Log in to http://sharepoint.aber.ac.uk.
- Navigate to the document library you wish to edit the settings on.
- Click on the cog at the top right of the screen and choose Library settings from the menu that appears
- Under General Settings choose Versioning Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and you will see an option called Require Check Out
- Select No and click OK