How do I create a new document in SharePoint?
SharePoint 2013 allows you to create Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files from within your browser:
- Log in to http://sharepoint.aber.ac.uk
- Navigate to the site and library you want the document in
- Click on New
- You can choose the type of document you wish to create:
- After adding your text, click on 'Document' in the black bar at the top of the screen and give your document a sensible name. Click Enter to save the new name.
- Make sure that the text in the black bar next to the document name says 'Saved' (rather than 'Saving') before moving away from the page.