How do I restore an earlier version of my document in SharePoint?
Note: This is only possible if the document library has versioning switched on.
- Navigate to the SharePoint site page where the document is located.
- Locate the document you wish to restore to an earlier version.
- Click '...' to open up the document settings menu.
- This will open another menu. Click '...' again.
- Select 'Version History'
- A list of earlier document versions will be displayed.
- Hover your mouse over the document you wish to interact with. You can select 'View' or 'Restore'.
- Selecting 'View' will open a window which will display details about the document.
- Selecting 'Restore' will make the historic version of the document the current version.
- If you want to check what content a certain version has, click on the hyperlink of the document and it will open.
- If a document is accidently restored and you wish to revert to the previous version, you will be able to view the previous version in the version history list.