How do I use SCP to connect to my University filestore? (Other clients)
You can use any SCP software package, however this example uses WinSCP. WinSCP can be downloaded here. Scroll down and select Download WinSCP.
The details file protocol, host name, port number, username and password will be the same for all SCP clients.
- Launch the SCP client of your choice
- Under the File Protocol drop down list, select SCP
- Enter central.aber.ac.uk into the Host name field.
- Select port 22
- Enter your Aberystwyth University username (e.g. abc1) and password into the username and password fields.
- Click Login
- If you are presented with a message stating Continue connecting to an unknown server and its host key to a cache? select Yes
- Your personal filestore (M drive) and its contents will then be presented.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com