Blackboard Test taking guidelines (Student)
Before beginning a Blackboard Test
- Check your browser compatability here.
- Turn off any pop up blockers in your browser.
- Use a wired internet connection if possible (not wireless).
- If you are having problems with your own computer, use a University computer.
Taking a Blackboard Test
- Log into Blackboard and click on the name of the module that contains your test.
- Click on Assessment and Feedback.
- Click on the link to your test.
- Read any test instructions and click Begin.
- Use the arrows at the bottom right-hand side of the screen to navigate through the questions.
- You will need to either select the correct answer from the list of choices or enter your own answer.
- Maximise the Question Completion Status bar below to jump to a specific question and view unanswered questions.
- You can return to questions later to complete or amend your answer.
- When you reach the final question the Save and Submit button will appear.
- Once you are happy with your answers, click on this button. Any unanswered questions will be flagged up and you will be asked to confirm your submission.
- To return to the test click cancel. To submit your exam click OK.
- Depending on how your test has been set up you may be given the opportunity to see feedback on your answers.
To prevent you loosing connection during your test:
- Do not open any other browser windows or other applications, or navigate away from the exam (unless it is a neccessary part of the test).
- Do not click the back button of your browser or refresh the page.
- Do not double click any link in the exam.
- Do not let the computer go to sleep or time out.
If you lose connection to your test, depending on how your test has been set up you may be able to return to the exam as previously and resume your test.
If you cannot get back to your test you will need to contact your lecturer to clear your attempt and start again.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org