Do I need to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) every year?

If you are a Student Finance Wales/England student :– No, you do not need to apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (What is DSA?) every year.

If your Student Finance is Scotland or Northern Ireland :- Yes, you must apply each year to ensure continuity of support.

You will also need to apply each year if you are a postgraduate student and if you are a self-funded student (either undergraduate or postgraduate).


Please contact for further information and/or check the web site of your funding body:

For students from England

For students from Northern Ireland

For students from Scotland

For students from Wales


Contact for this page:
Student Support Services, Student Welcome Centre, Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3FB
Tel: 01970 62 1761/2087 Email: