What if I require a personal carer at Aberystwyth University?

If you need a resident personal carer, the University may be able to provide a room on campus. 

You will need to ensure that the cost of the carer's room can be met. Home fee paying students may be able to reclaim the cost of the carer's accommodation from their home area Social Services Department.

Students wishing to request financial support from their Social Services Department will need to ensure that, following a community assessment, the 'Care Plan' recommends provision of a personal assistant/carer.

Contact for this page:
Student Support Services, Student Welcome Centre, Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3FB
Tel: 01970 62 1761/2087 Email: student-support@aber.ac.uk