I am being bullied - who can help?

All students at Aberystwyth University have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in an environment free from harassment and bullying. The University will take whatever action is appropriate and feasible against those who harass or bully.

(Where can I find the University's policy on bullying and harassment? -Section 23)

Any student experiencing harassment or bullying may seek confidential advice from Student Support Services.  Their student advisers will talk through your grievance and outline your options. (Where can I find the Student Support Advisers?)

If both parties agree, an Adviser from the Students' Union can assist you in making an informal approach to the person whose behaviour is causing offence and try to mediate between you. (How do I find the Students Union Advice service?)

If you decide to pursue a formal complaint, Student Support Services can provide advice and guidance. A Student Union Adviser may be able to support you during any formal complaint process.

Contact for this page:
Student Support Services, Student Welcome Centre, Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3FB
Tel: 01970 62 1761/2087 Email: student-support@aber.ac.uk