How do I use the Blackboard App?
The Blackboard app is available on IOS, Android, and Windows, and gives you access to the learning materials in all your Blackboard modules.
To get started see, How do I access Blackboard through a mobile device? and, for a quick start for the Blackboard App see here.
What it's good for
The Blackboard app is a good way of keeping up-to-date with your Blackboard modules on the go:
- View your modules and course materials such as slides and handouts. You may need to download separate apps for viewing PDFs or PowerPoints.
- See when new material is added to your Blackboard modules.
- View your grades and feedback on Blackboard tests and assignments.
What it's not so good for
- The app doesn’t recognise Turnitin – so you won’t see Turnitin due dates, marks or feedback.
- E-submission – we can’t guarantee submission from tablets or phones, so don’t use the app for submitting either Blackboard Assignments or Turnitin assignments.
- If you want to view Panopto recordings, you will need to download a separate app from your app store.
For further information view the Feature Guide for the Blakcboard App:
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org