How do I stop a site having the same permissions as its parent site in SharePoint?
Switching from Inherited Permissions
- To set unique permissions for your site, click 'Stop Inheriting Permissions'
- A warning message will appear:
- Click OK to proceed
- The 'People and Groups > Set Up Groups for this Site' will be displayed:
- Add the people you want to access your site to each of the groups. Type their name or userid in the relevant box. Userid is better as it is unique to the person so you won't accidentally choose someone with the same name. After typing their userid/name click on the Person checker icon to find them in the system:
- Alternatively you can click on the address book icon to search for the person you want from the address book.
- When you have finished adding users, click OK to finish.