How do I add fields for the user to fill in when adding an event in SharePoint?
- Click on the 'Calendar' tab at the top left of the page.
- The Calendar menu will appear across the top of the screen:
- Click on 'Create Column'.
- The 'Create Column' pop-up will appear:
- Type the name of the new column in the 'Column name' box (e.g. 'Event Type')
- Check the correct type of information has been selected (e.g. 'Choice')
- Add a description if required - this will help users to know what data to use for this column.
- If the user must fill in this new field when adding an event, select 'Yes' for 'Require that this column contains information'.