How do I set a task list to notify people when a task is allocated to them in SharePoint?
- Open your task list.
- Click on the 'List' tab at the top left of the page.
- The List menu will appear across the top of the screen:
- Click on List Settings towards the right of the menu.
- The List Settings screen will be shown:
- Click on 'Advanced Settings' in the 'General Settings' column.
- The advanced settings screen will appear.
- In the 'E-Mail Notification' block, set 'Send e-mail when ownership is assigned?' to 'Yes'.
- Scroll down and click the 'OK' button to save the change.