How do I add fields for the user to fill in when adding a task in SharePoint?
- Click on 'List' at the top of page and the List menu will appear across the top of the screen:
- The 'Create Column' pop-up will appear:
- Type the name of the new column in the 'Column name' box (e.g. 'Project')
- Check the correct type of information has been selected (e.g. 'Single line of text')
- Add a description, if required, so that other users will know what this column is for (e.g. 'Specify the project that this task belongs to')
- If the user must fill in this new field when adding an event, select 'Yes' for 'Require that this column contains information'.
- Click OK to save.