What can be digitised under the Copyright Licensing Agency's Higher Education Licence?

The material requested for digitisation - chapters from books and articles from journals - must be covered by the Copyright Licensing Agency Higher Education licence. If not excluded by the author or publisher, most material published in the United Kingdom can be digitised. Other countries must opt in to the scanning component of the licence for the material to be covered.

If your digitisation request relates to a publication which isn't stocked in any of our libraries, library staff will seek an alternative solution such as purchasing an e-book or a digital copy of the chapter/article via the British Library, with any service charge and copyright fee paid.  Library staff will contact you to advise.

Contact for this page:
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: is@aber.ac.uk