How do I connect my Amazon Echo to the University network?
The PAU-IoT wireless network is currently not available in the following halls: Caerleon Flats 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15.
If you live in these halls you will need to follow our wired connection guide (Where can I find that?)
To connect the device you will need to:
- Register the MAC address of your device (Where can I do that?)
- For Computer Type, select “Stunet Games Console“
- The MAC address can be found on the original product packaging. Alternatively, the Alexa app will display your MAC address later on in the setup process, on the “Select your Wi-Fi network” screen:
- Generate your personal key to use the PAU-IoT network (How do I do that?)
- Note: If you have an existing key and are already using the network with another device, use the existing password for all devices. Generating a new key will cause your current one to expire
- Wait at least 10 minutes
- Install the Amazon Alexa app, or sign in to your Amazon account at https://alexa.amazon.co.uk
- Create a new device from the menu on the Amazon Alexa app home screen, or from the Settings menu on the website
- Select your device and follow the on-screen instructions
- When prompted, connect your mobile device or computer to the network beginning with "Amazon"
- Connect the Echo to PAU-IoT with your personal key
- When prompted, reconnect your mobile device or computer to your preferred network connection
Do not share your key with anyone. The key will only work for your registered devices. If someone else knows your key, you can re-visit the page and generate a new one. This will cause your old key to expire and will disconnect any devices using it.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com