How do I set up the monitor hub?
Monitor hubs are for use on staff desks in offices on campus.
They provide power, network, display and keyboard/mouse functions for any laptop connected to them via USB-C
The Monitor hub comes with:
- Power lead
- USB C cable
- Wireless mouse
- Wireless keyboard
Setting it up
- Make a note of the MAC address and serial number of the Monitor hub:
- Email this to firstname.lastname@example.org so the Monitor Hub can be registered for use on the network
- Plug the power lead into the back of the monitor
- Plug the USB C cable into the back of the monitor
- Open the mouse - there is small indentation on one side so you can lever the top off:
- Inside you will see a wireless dongle and space for a battery:
- Remove the wireless dongle and insert into the USB port at the back of the monitor
- Insert an AA battery - positive side up - into the mouse
- Close the mouse
- Open the back on the keyboard and insert two AAA batteries:
- Plug the Monitor Hub into the electricity socket in your office.
- Connect your network cable to the Monitor Hub
- If you are using a headset in the office you can also plug this into the monitor hub
- Plug the other end of the USB C cable into the laptop. You do not need to plug in the power lead for the laptop - it will take it's power from the Monitor hub:
- Turn on the keyboard:
- Turn on the mouse
You are all set up
The USB C cable displays the laptop image on the monitor. To use as a second monitor hold the Windows key on the keyboard and press P until it moves to Extend:
When you want to use your laptop elsewhere you can just unplug the USB C cable from the monitor hub, put laptop in your bag with the chrager and go.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com