How do I find journals in Primo?
Aberystwyth University subscribes to thousands of academic journals which are available in print, online or both. These are indexed in Primo together with many open access titles.
- Visit Primo and Sign in
- Add your search terms in the search bar, or the journal title you want if you know it, and click search
- When your search results are displayed, view just the journals found by selecting Journals under Resource Type in the Tweak My Results menu on the left
A journal may be available online, in print or both.
The print and online holdings may be catalogued in the same record, or they may be catalogued seperately as in this example.
- To view just the ejournals, click Full Text Online in the Availability menu on the left
The Library may hold the whole publication run of the journal or just part of it.
- To check the volumes available in a printed journal, click the title of the journal and click Find and Request in the left menu
In the example below there are volumes published from 2010 onwards. 327 is the number of the volume published in 2010 and the hyphen indicates that there is a current subscription.
- To check volumes available in an ejournal, click the title of the journal and click View Online in the left menu
In the example below, the full publication run is available
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com