How can I use an image I have found on the web?
When using images you have found on the Internet you should be aware that you are bound by Copyright legislation - you can find details on the AU Copyright pages. You should always include a reference to the source of the image.
If you are sure you are not infringing copyright you can download images as follows:
- Right click on the image
- From the menu which appears select Save picture as or Save image as
- Save the image (with a sensible name) to the hard drive of the computer you are using
- To use the image in a file you should go to the Insert menu and select Picture
- Browse to where you saved the image, click on it and click Open/Insert
- If you wish to keep a copy of the image independently from your file you should copy it from the hard drive to your AU filestore, USB drive etc ( How do I do that? )
- If you do not follow the instructions above you may have problems saving, viewing or printing your document
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org