How do I use Microsoft Bookings with me?
Microosft Bookings with me is automatically enabled as part of your Office365 licence.
Once you have set up your bookings page, anyone at Aberystwyth University can use it to book an appointment with you.
You can use bookings for meetings with personal tutees, dissertation superivisions, and for scheduling appointments during office hours.
To create your bookings page:
- Login to Outlook
- Go to https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/
- If you want a booking site that can be searched for by others at the University, click the + button in the Public block. Otherwise, click the + button in the Private block.
- Add a title to your meeting and optionally, add a description.
- Under Location, add your office or enable a Teams meeting to be set up automatically.
- Decide on the default length of your meetings.
- Set your schedule, by either using the ‘Use my regular meeting hours’ option or select ‘Use customised availability hours’ if you want to limit bookings between a date range as well as specify your weekly drop in hours.
- Bookings with me is dependent on information in your calendar being correct. If you have an appointment showing you as busy (for example a reminder) then a booking will not be able to be arranged.
- Click Save to save your meeting type.
- You can set up multiple meeting types, for example, for different modules
- To share the bookings site with others, click the ‘Share’ button and choose ‘Copy link’. A link to the bookings site will be generated which can be pasted into email signatures, posted on Blackboard, or shared via email.
- Emails are automatically sent to you when someone books an appointment. A Teams link is automatically created if you have set your Bookings site to have Teams enabled.
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com