How do I create a module reading list in Aspire?
Before creating a new module reading list Aspire, read this FAQ (What do I need to know about the module and the planned reading list content before creating a new reading list in Aspire?)
- Log in to Aspire ( How do I do that? )
- Click My Lists
- Click Create new list on the right
If a Create new list button is not present, you need to arrange Aspire permissions (How do I do that?)
- In the Create a new list screen, add the module code and name to the new list box - please follow these conventions
- where the list is serving one module: ED20910 Urban Pacification
- where the list is serving two modules with the same name: ED20910 ED30910 Urban Pacification
- where the list is serving two modules with different names: AD20910 Heddychiad Trefol / ED20910 Urban Pacification
- Click Select Hierarchy and type in the module code - when it appears below the search box, click it then click Save to make the hierarchy link. Do this for each module the reading list serves.
You must link your list to the hierarchy to enable you to link it to your Blackboard module later
- Choose the appropriate semester from the Semester menu
You don't need to add the number of students as library staff will use student number data from Astra for purchasing/digitising.
- Click Create List
You will then be prompted to confirm whether you are the owner of the list or not. If this is unknown when you are creating this list, it can be added later ( How do I do that? )
- Click My Lists to view all your lists
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com