How do I create a rubric in Turnitin? (Staff)
The are three different rubric options are available in Turnitin, for an overview see ( Can I create a marking grid in Turnitin? )
Rubrics can be created at the time of setting up the submission point, or once students have begun to submit and you are ready to mark.
To create a new rubric:
- In Blackboard, navigate to the module that holds the assignment.
- Under the Course Management Control Panel Control, click on Course Tools, Turnitin Assignments.
- Select the assignment that needs the rubric.
- Click on Edit assignment.
- Click on Optional Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen until you see GradeMark.
- Click on the Launch Rubric/Form Manager.
- In the new window that opens, click on View available rubrics and rubric options
- Select Create new Rubric.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select a rubric scoring option
- - Standard Rubric.
- - Custom Rubric.
- - Quantitative Rubric.
- Add a Rubric name at the top of the page
- Then complete the criteria/scales depending on your rubric requirements.
- additional criteria and scales can be added using the button.
- Click Save to apply these changes to the rubric.
- Then add / association the rubric with an assignment ( How do I do that? )
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org