How do I set up a work profile on my Android device? (Staff)
The Company portal will walk you through the steps for creating a work profile that match the University’s security policies and compliance. The Company Portal also alert you of problems or settings that need to be resolved before you can access corporate services.
- For example, policies that the University requires:Setting up a device password or PIN.
- Restrict access to University data from third party applications.
- Ensuring that the device is not jailbroken or rooted.
Creating a Work Profile
- From the Play Store, download the Intune Company Portal App
- Open the Company Portal App, and sign in with your Aberystwyth University account
- Once signed in, tap BEGIN in the bottom right corner to start securing your device with Aberystwyth University
- Review what The University can and cannot see, and tap CONTINUE
- Review and agree to Google's terms and conditions for setting up a work profile, then tap ACCEPT & CONTINUE. The apperance of this screen will vary depending on your Android version.
- Once setup is complete, the screen will return to ‘Prifysgol Aberystwyth University Access Setup’ screen, tap CONTINUE to proceed with the setup.
- When prompted to pick what type of device you are using, select Android_Device, and tap DONE
- Once the setup is complete, all the steps will be marked with a green tick, tap DONE to proceed
- Select Applications will install automatically, the final screen will provide information about Work Apps versus Personal Apps
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: email@example.com