How do I use a Smart Interactive Whiteboard? (Staff)
To use a Smart interactive whiteboard to access and control computer applications:
- Turn the projector and computer on
- Log onto the computer
- Check the light on the lower right-hand side of the board is green and the Smart board is on. (If the light is red there is power but no communication between the board and computer.)
- Either touch, or use a tool from the tool tray on the white board
The tools from the tool tray may be used to write, annotate and highlight the information projected onto the board.
Note: The cursor disappears when a pen is picked up and reappears when the pen is returned to the pen tray. The interactive whiteboard recognises the last tool removed from pen tray, so if a pen is held when the eraser is picked up, the board assumes that the erase function is needed.
If the pen is returned without saving the annotations, any changes will disappear the next time the screen is touched.
Computer applications may be accessed and controlled by:
- Tapping the whiteboard twice for a double click.
- Pressing the right mouse button on the pen tray and then tapping where you want to right-click for a right click.
The telephone in the room connects automatically to the IS Workshop after 5 seconds. Wait to be connected and explain you are in a teaching room and require assistance.
For more information see:
Information Services, Aberystwyth University, Hugh Owen Library, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DZ
Tel: 01970 62 2400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org